Saturday, June 20, 2009

Reflections on Costa Rica

So it's already been 5 weeks since I left home. It doesn't seem like that long at all and yet I find myself back in the States already. I'm sitting in the lobby at the Holiday Inn because I missed the shuttle I should have been on to the airport so I thought I'd take this time to look back over the last 5 weeks…

Coast Rica was an amazing experience. It has been filled with so many more adventures than I could have imagined. I got to experience so many firsts: my first zipline, trip to the ocean, trip to the rainforest, killing cockroaches, seeing lizards, sloths and monkeys, flying by myself, staying at a hotel by myself, staying in a hostel, and the list goes on.

Costa Rica, like pretty much everything else this summer was a step of faith for me. I'm pretty shy as most of you know and don't generally like doing things without knowing at least one other person. So traveling to a foreign country by my onsie wasn't really on the agenda. But I loved every minute of it and knew before I even stepped off the plane that God was calling me there. I had the most amazing host family, Lauren who put up with me for 5 weeks and made my days interesting , and many other new friends who I will miss.

I have learned and grown so much in the last 5 weeks and am so excited for the next month in California. Don't worry I'm still blogging during Cali and Jamaica.

P.S. Here is my mailing address in Cali. I LOVE mail (no really, it's kind of an unhealthy obsession) so if you'd like to make me REALLY happy you should send me mail :)

Helena Torres
Medical Strategic Network
P.O. Box 2052
Redlands, CA 92373

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwww Helenita :) I'm glad I could make your days... how did you say it..."interesting." ; )

    ReplyDelete