Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Packing By The Numbers

Ok so today was packing day. After successfully procrastinating until 7 at night I figured I should probably get started. 9 weeks is a long time and I'm not sure I can be trusted to pack everything I need for lunch, let alone 2 months. So here is just a summary of how the packing went.

3-number of bags I'm taking (2 rolling suitcases and a backpack)
4-pairs of jeans
20-different shirts (don't judge I'm a girl)
6-number of times I looked at all the stuff and felt overwhelmed
7-pairs of shoes
3-spanish dictionaries
2-Bibles
2-Journals
7- Reading for fun books (soooo excited)
200- times I've thought that I'm forgetting something important
4- DAYS TILL I LEAVE (AHHHHHHH!!!!)

Don't worry I packed MUCH more than this (hence the concession to taking an extra bag). Only a few short days until I leave! I found out who my Costa Rica roommate is on Friday, nothing like waiting till the last minute… Her name is Lauren and she's from Oklahoma State. That's pretty much all I know and that my "family" has 2 sons but they are almost my age or older. Sadness I really wanted kids, but still excited.

1 comment:

  1. 7 pairs of shoes?! Wow. I don't think I've ever taken that many...anywhere! (okay maybe Sweden..yes, exactly 7 to Sweden...)

    Glad to see you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete